Tuesday, April 07, 2009

One of those days...



Today has been one of those days...

My 3 and 4 year olds brought me the lovely gift of dead kittens this afternoon... It seems the neighbors brand new (3 weeks old) kittens somehow found their way into our back yard and were quickly killed by our dogs... And my boys found them when they were out there playing... and thought they were alive... and were PLAYING WITH THEM! I almost passed out when Jett smiled at me and said "Look at these cute kitty's we are playing with mommy!" and the poor things head was rolling around on its body...

*shudders*

I found 5 kittens, all dead. I hope there aren't any others back there. I now have to figure out how to properly go about telling the neighbor. Ugh.

After that happened my 7 year old came home from school with the message that he had been using inappropriate words. Oh dear... what was he saying you ask?

Peacock.

Yes, he was saying peacock... and then breaking it into two separate words and trying be funny... not realizing that what he was saying was actually NOT funny, and it got him into trouble. peacock... pea...cock... pee... well, you get the idea.

okay... maybe that bit about the peacock is kinda funny... just a little... and it sorta takes away a little bit of the dead kitten horror... just a little. But I can't tell him its kinda funny... Nope, that is a very bad word and we don't say that... no we do not.


Peacock...


*giggles*